Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Prince Dead at 57

According to KARE 11 News:
Legendary Minnesota musician Prince is dead at the age of 57.

Shortly after noon Yvette Noel-Schure, a publicist for the reclusive musician, confirmed Prince's death at his home studio in Chanhassen's Paisley Park.

"It is with profound sadness that I am confirming that the legendary, iconic performer, Prince Rogers Nelson, has died at his Paisley Park residence this morning at the age of 57," Noel-Schure said in a written statement. "There are no further details as to the cause of death at this time."

Carver County officials have not yet confirmed that the deceased is Prince, saying only that a death investigation is underway.

Sheriff's Office  reports authorities are currently at the scene and say they are working to notify next of kin before releasing any more information. 

Medical emergency personnel responded to the scene around 9:43 a.m., on a medical call where someone was reportedly not breathing. At 10:08 a.m., the medical examiner was called to the scene. No other information was released. 
Right now, I can't find the words to express what I am feeling so I will borrow Prince's.

Springtime was always my favorite time of year,
A time 4 lovers holding hands in the rain
Now springtime only reminds me of Tracy's tears
Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain
He used 2 say so strong unafraid to die
Unafraid of the death that left me hypnotized
No, staring at his picture I realized
No one could cry the way my Tracy cried

Sometimes it snows in April
Sometimes I feel so bad
Sometimes, sometimes I wish that life was never ending,
And all good things, they say, never last.

Goodbye, Prince! I Wish U Heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment