Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Comfortably Numb

My musical tastes run the gamut of the  musical spectrum and in this time of grieving over the unexpected death of my musical idol Prince, I have turned to many different artists seeking solace in their music. While this has worked for the most part, occasionally I run into a song or video that throws a curve ball my way that I wasn't expecting.  Like the one I posted below.  Now, I am a huge Pink Floyd fan and have been for years so when I saw a video for David Gilmour playing Comfortably Numb, I thought great.  I love the song and that is exactly how I feel right now.  Win - win for me! Yeah, well, not so fast there sport.  I should have actually read the damn article.  Gilmour was playing a show at Royal Albert Hall in London to benefit the Teenage Cancer Trust.  Just when he gets to the second guitar solo is when he decides to throw me for a loop, check it out.

Yes, he just played the Purple Rain solo and they even had the stage lights go purple to go along with it.  He just gave Prince a tribute and never uttered a single word. Now I really am numb!!! Amazing.  Thank you, David Gilmour, for honoring the musical icon the world lost!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment