Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Monday, April 18, 2016

More pics from Atlanta

Like I said in my previous post, I did manage to sneak a couple of videos from the Piano & A Microphone show and was able to make a few screen grabs from them to share here.  I WILL NOT share the videos here on my blog (so don't ask) because we all no that P has people watching everywhere for stuff like that.  Anyway, here are the pictures.

Prince performed a beautiful, soulful rendition of  I Feel For You from his second album entitled Prince and later made famous by Chaka Khan.
I Feel For You
That led into a funky Controversy.
Controversy

Which was followed by The Most Beautiful Girl in the World.
The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

Which segued into I Would Die 4 U.
I Would Die 4 U

But I believe my favorite moment of the night came during the first encore when Prince performed a cover of David Bowie's Heroes.  
Heroes

I had heard excerpts of Prince covering this song before but to witness it first hand touched my heart and soul in a way that I cannot put into words.  I was mesmerized and I don't know why.  Maybe it was the fact that Bowie and Prince have been my musical idols since I was little. All I know is that it was a very special moment for me and I have it on video. 

Well, that's it for now.  I am still working on the review.  It should be up soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment