Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

And the Tears Began to Fall (Again)

Just when I thought I had fully recovered from the tragic lost of our beloved Prince, I discovered this wonderful tribute.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I don't miss him.  I'm just saying that I have accepted his death and moved on with life.  Well, I thought I had.  This video is called APRIL SNOWS and it is by four musicians in New York who wanted to pay tribute to Prince.  They came together and recorded their completely spontaneous version of Sometimes It Snows In April.  This is not a new video, it was recorded back in May, but it was new to me.  Take a look below:


I will be the first to admit, I lost it about a third of the way through this video and the tears began to fall like rain. I don't know why.  I've listen to this song several times over the last several months and it hasn't bothered me but this version...something about it got to me. I can't pinpoint it or describe it but something about it touched my soul. I guess maybe I will never truly get over Prince's death but with videos like this, I can always celebrate his life.  After all, I think that's what he would've wanted.

Love4OneAnother! Love4EachOther! Love4UsAll!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I just ordered it at CD Baby. :)

    ReplyDelete