Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Rally 4 Peace

It all went down Sunday night when Prince with special guest 3rdEyeGirl lead the Rally 4 Peace and gave the fans of Baltimore a night they will never forget.  The first hour of the show was streamed live on Jay Z's music streaming service TIDAL allowing us to experience part of this night to remember.  Starting with Hannah's now typical speech, the live stream ended an hour later just as the opening chords of I Would Die 4 U started playing.  In between, we had Let's Go Crazy (Reloaded), Take Me With U, Raspberry Beret, U Got the Look, Controversy and Nothing Compares 2 U.  We were also treated to a live version of Baltimore which was written by Prince in light of the recent riots and problems in Baltimore and Ferguson.  But for me, the highlight of the stream was the inclusion of The Question of U/The One to include Electric Man.  Yes, he pulled out Electric Man for this show and the crowd lost their damn minds.  I would have given anything if TIDAL could have streamed the entire show. Maybe Prince should stream his shows more often and we could donate to whatever local charity he is supporting in that particular city.  I know, it's just a pipe dream but hey, it is my dream and and my blog.  Anyway, I digress, as I usually do, so it is time to get back on track.  All in all, good show, great for the city of Baltimore and great for us purple people.
Here are some pics I found floating on Tumblr, Twitter and other social media.  I claim no ownership over these pics and all credit should go to the original photographer.

Great pic from Questlove



NPG Hornz in da house!!!!!!!


Too funky!!!!!


Now before I get out of here, I need to ask this question.  What's up with Prince and the girls?  It used to be Prince & 3rdEyeGirl.  Now it is Prince with special guest 3rdEyeGirl.  What's up with that?  Is this the end of P&3EG? I guess only Prince knows and we will have to wait and see.  But at least they are back on Twitter and you can follow them for the latest info at @Prince3EG.

Until next time, peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment